UK Today News: 2010 Grandma’s Marathon To Take Place In Duluth, Minnesota Today
2010 Grandma’s Marathon: The 2010 Grandma’s Marathon will take place today, Saturday in Duluth, Minnesota and the marathon will take runners along the beautiful north shore of Lake Superior. Grandma’s Marathon will move along a 26.2-mile stretch which starts on th Old Highway 61, Minnesota and ends at Duluth’s Canal Park.
The marathon is not only a celebration of running, but will also include live entertainment, great food and fun activities for everyone.
Here is the schedule for the 2010 Grandma’s Marathon: (courtesy: grandmasmarathon.com)
- Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon: 6:30 a.m.
- Grandma’s Marathon: 7:30 a.m.
- For DECC Parking Information Click Here
- Live Entertainment – Big Top Tent (Canal Park) 11:30 a.m. – 5:15 p.m.
- Awards Ceremony – DECC (Lake Superior Ballroom, entrance B): 4:00 p.m.
- Live Entertainment – Big Top Tent (Canal Park) 8 p.m. – 1 a.m. – $8 cover/must be at least 21
Reports say that Mary Akor, last time’s Grandma’s Marathon winner, will be participating this year despite fibroid tumors in her uterus.
Check back here for the 2010 Grandma’s Marathon results.